Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Die-Cars!

Hello there dear readers, if there actually is anyone else coming to this blog hehe. Its time for a new toy story. Now today I decided to feature my diecast car stuff. Again, like most of my collection, its not much. Just a few pieces I really thought were cool and had significance from my childhood. Most are all themed from some of my favorite 80's shows and movies. From Back to the future to Speed Racer. Let's get started, shall we?

First up, my Hotwheels. This first one isn't really that special. Not really considered as a "treasure hunt" car. I think its a pretty common Hotwheels car. The reason I got it was first; it was cheap, and second; it was from 1998 and anything from before y2k I consider vintage.

32' Ford


2nd Hotwheel is Speed Racer's Mach 5. Yes, I did watch Speed Racer when I was young and I know some of you did too. But since vintage Speed Racer toys are hard to come by and rather expensive I settled for the next best thing, the modern movie remake version of Speed Racer's race car.

Speed Racer Mach 5


Next is probably one of the most well-known cars from the 80's. The movie it came from launched Michael J. Fox's career. And this car garnered worldwide fame with him. Yup, its the car that had a need for 88 mph speed!

Back to the Future DeLorean


Here's another iconic 80's vehicle. And its from another awesome 80's movie. Egon,Ray,Winston and Peter rode this baby to get to their job sites...hunting ghosts!

Ghostbusters Ecto-1


My latest Hotwheels, which I hunted for last ToyCon but failed to catch. Another one of my favorite 80's vehicles. Mr.T made this van famous.Didn't really care about the other guys.

A-Team van


Now lets move on to other toy car lines

I know I already have a Speed Racer Mach 5 diecast car, but when I saw this thing I was just mesmerized by how clean and sleek its made.

Jada Speed Racer Mach 5


These next cars were a very awesome find. And one of those instances where I stumbled upon a real "treasure" in the most unassuming places. I actually bought this from a magazine stand near a local grocery store. They were some left-over stock from an old variety store that got demolished. And they were cheap too. Less than a P100. I wish I bought the other ones though, when I came back a couple days later they were gone. I guess everyone loves cheap quality toys. So, last but not the least, a real line from my childhood, those miniature wonders...

Micro Machines!


Well, that is all for now folks. Tune in next time, when I actually feel like posting again hehe. Oh, Happy Valentine to all of you!

-Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment